Happy Mother’s Day to Mums Everywhere!
Independent Bin Supplies would like to wish everyone a Happy Mother’s Day this coming Sunday. We know everyone celebrates this differently, and you may be enjoying a nice meal with Mum or planning a special present. Whatever the occasion, we just wanted to celebrate Mum’s Day as its one hell of a tough gig!
From the IBS Team,
Have a lovely Mother’s Day Weekend!
Ian, Jack and Riley
Did you know this about Mother’s Day?
- Mother’s Day is a celebration honoring the mother of the family, as well as motherhood, maternal bonds, and the influence of mothers in society.
- That Mother’s Day is celebrated in over 40 countries in the world
- The dates fall on different days depending on country but the majority falls on the 2nd Sunday of May
- The modern holiday of Mother’s Day was first celebrated in 1908, when Anna Jarvis held a memorial for her mother at St Andrew’s Methodist Church in Grafton, West Virginia.
- Jarvis was successful in founding Mother’s Day but she became resentful of the commercialization of the holiday. By the early 1920s, Hallmark Cards and other companies had started selling Mother’s Day cards. Jarvis believed that the companies had misinterpreted and exploited the idea of Mother’s Day, and that the emphasis of the holiday was on sentiment, not profit.